Installing flooring is a delicate balance between functionality and personality.
On the one hand, you want floors that will be durable throughout its lifespan. You want it to look as good as it does after installation for years.
On the other hand, you want floors that speak to your heart. You have your mind set on a specific material, color, or pattern, and only that will do.
You shouldn’t have to exchange durability for good looks. With many of today’s flooring options, you can have both. With a little research before you shop, you’ll know what materials work best in high traffic situations.
Features to consider for high traffic flooring options
When selecting flooring for high traffic areas, it’s important to consider the following features:
- Durability: The flooring in high traffic areas is subjected to constant wear and tear, so it’s essential to choose a material that can withstand this abuse. Hardwood, tile, and vinyl are all highly durable options.
- Slip resistance: In high traffic areas, it’s important to choose flooring that is slip resistant to prevent accidents. Tile and vinyl are both excellent choices for their slip-resistant properties.
- Ease of maintenance: High traffic areas can get dirty quickly, so ensure the flooring you select is easy to clean and maintain. Tile, vinyl, and linoleum all make perfect choices.
- Comfort: Standing or walking on hard, unforgiving surfaces for long periods of time can be uncomfortable. Consider choosing a flooring material that has some give or cushioning, such as luxury vinyl or rubber.
- Appearance: While durability and functionality are essential, you’ll also want to consider the appearance of the flooring in high traffic areas. Hardwood, tile, and natural stone are all attractive options that can add to the aesthetic of a space.
- Cost: Budget is always a factor to consider when choosing flooring. While some materials, like hardwood and natural stone, maybe more expensive up front, they can be a worthwhile investment due to their durability and long lifespan.
Which flooring options will be the perfect addition to your high traffic space?
Are you ready to finalize your flooring purchase? Striking a balance between durability and aesthetics is essential in high traffic situations. We often recommend:
Tile flooring is an excellent choice for high traffic situations for a number of reasons.
- Durability: Tile is highly durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic without showing signs of wear and tear. It is also resistant to scratches and scuffs, which is especially important in high traffic areas where there may be a lot of foot traffic or where furniture and other objects are being moved around frequently.
- Maintenance: Tile is easy to maintain and clean. It is resistant to stains and does not absorb liquids, so spills and accidents can be easily wiped up without leaving a mess. Additionally, tile can be swept, mopped, or vacuumed regularly to keep it looking clean and fresh.
- Water-resistance: Tile is water-resistant, making it a great choice for areas that are prone to spills or moisture. This is especially important in high traffic areas where spills and accidents are more likely to occur.
- Aesthetics: Tile is available in a wide range of styles, colors, and patterns, so it can complement any decor. Whether you want a classic, traditional look or a more modern, contemporary style, there is a tile option that will suit your needs.
Laminate flooring is an excellent choice for high traffic situations because it is durable, easy to maintain, and withstand wear and tear. You’ll love laminate flooring in high traffic areas because:
- Durability: Laminate flooring is made from multiple layers of material that are bonded together, with a top layer that is resistant to scratches and scuff marks. This makes it resistant to damage from foot traffic, pets, and other sources of wear and tear.
- Easy to maintain: Laminate flooring is easy to clean and maintain. It can be swept, vacuumed, or mopped with a damp cloth, and any spills or stains can be easily wiped away. This makes it a great choice for high traffic areas where spills and messes are likely to occur.
- Water resistant: Many types of laminate flooring are water resistant, making them suitable for areas prone to spills or moisture. This is especially important in high traffic areas where messes are likely to occur.
- Affordable: Laminate flooring is generally more affordable than other types of flooring, such as hardwood or stone. This makes it a good choice for those on a budget, or areas where the floor may need to be replaced more frequently due to high traffic.
- Wide range of styles: Laminate flooring is available in a wide range of styles, from wood grain to stone or tile, so you can find a look that matches your decor.
Luxury vinyl flooring
Luxury vinyl flooring, also known as LVF, is a popular choice for high traffic areas due to its durability and versatility. Here are some reasons why LVF is a great option for high traffic situations:
- Durability: LVF is made from a durable and waterproof core, which makes it resistant to scratches, dents, and stains. It is also resistant to fading and discoloration, so that it will maintain its beautiful appearance even after years of use.
- Low maintenance: LVF is easy to clean and maintain, which makes it ideal for high traffic areas. It can be easily wiped down with a damp cloth and a mild cleaner, and it does not require waxing or buffing like other flooring materials.
- Comfort: LVF is a soft and comfortable flooring option, making it a great choice for areas where you will be standing for long periods. It is also resistant to slipping, an important safety feature in high traffic areas.
- Versatility: LVF comes in a variety of styles and designs, including wood, stone, and tile looks. This allows you to choose a flooring option that matches the style of your home or business, while still providing the durability and low maintenance of LVF.
- Easy installation: LVF can be easily installed over most existing flooring surfaces, including concrete, wood, and tile. It is also available in a variety of installation methods, including glue-down, floating, and click-lock, which makes it a versatile and convenient choice for any project.
Which is right for you?
With so many choices available, you’re sure to find the perfect flooring for your high traffic situation.
Stop by today and compare a few of your favorites. We’ll help you finalize a selection and make the best choice to suit your needs.